The medical assistant profession is very much underrated, and it needs to be well recognized and deserves a proper honor that other jobs receive. Informing people about the role of a medical assistant will encourage more population to opt for this profession and work for humanity. Medical Assistant Week is observed every year where the MAs are being appreciated for their conscientiousness. Let’s read more about National Medical Assistant Week.
What is Medical Assistant Appreciation Week?
National Medical Assistant Week is lionized every year to acknowledge the versatile and competent medical assistants. They deserve enormous appreciation as they put all of their patients at ease; they socialize with them and help them navigate the whole health system. They make a medical team complete, as they hold the knowledge of all the aspects of the office. They do full justice to the clinical as well as clerical work to run the office very smoothly. However, to honor the MAs, this week is celebrated in the form of a week-long event every year. And, in the festivity of Medical Assistant Recognition Week, all the medical assistants are being appreciated for their hard work and dedication, as it’s one of the ways to let them know their real worth & value.
MAs are the essential component and the backbone of health infrastructure. However, we all should give them the commendation they deserve by celebrating Medical Assistant Appreciation Week. Brought into existence by the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants), the public is well aware of the work that Certified Medical Assistants do. To thank them for their continuous care and service, Medical Assistant Week was established.
When is Medical Assistant Week Falling in 2021?
You must be wondering about when is the Medical Assistant Week and when is that time of the year which we have devoted to our Medical Assistants? To answer that, we all can give tribute to our medical assistants with enough thank you and appreciation on the whole third week of October 2021. Therefore, Medical Assistant Week 2021 will be celebrated from 18th to 22nd October. Different organizations opt for various styles to respect and cherish the work done by the MAs.
Is there a Medical Assistant Day too?
Yes! It is held each year on the Wednesday of the third business week of October. The year 2021 will witness the National Medical Assistants Day on 20th October. It’s the day devoted to our MAs for their contribution and selfless serving to the community.
How to Celebrate and Appreciate MAs During Medical Assistant Week?
It is one of the fastest-growing occupations; however, it deserves to be fully recognized and very well appreciated. Many ways can be exercised to celebrate Medical Assistant Appreciation Week 2021.
Honor Medical Assistants:
They are the company’s greatest assets, and without them, the office can’t run smoothly. From performing clinical as well as clerical tasks, they always have a sense of responsibility on their shoulders. However, to celebrate and appreciate them, we can use multiple platforms to honor them. Usage of social media platforms to open up about how well they perform their duties will give them vast recognition in the eyes of the public and community. Give each MA a tagline or devote a word like team leader, positive person, best care-taker, etc. You can also post their pictures on social media platforms. This exercise will prove to be an eye-opener for the people about MAs and catering recognition widely.
Proper funding is required to organize a positive and memorable holiday trip for the well-deserving MAs. Give them two days of paid time off so that they can enjoy themselves to the fullest with their family and friends. They will definitely join back with a huge smile on their faces, and that’s the best reward you can give. It’s the best way to celebrate and appreciate MAs during Medical Assistant Week by gifting them a smile and some time off from their busy schedule.
Badge of Honor:
Replace their ID cards with the badge of honor for a week. The sense of responsibility of the medical assistant is unbeatable. Though they are not fighting a war on the ground, they are doing their best to serve the community and working for the betterment of a healthy future for everyone. However, replacing their ID cards for a week with a medal or a badge of honor will be an expression of pride that they will carry with great honor and contribute to serving the nation with complete dedication and commitment.
Wall of Fame:
Devote a wall to celebrate Medical Assistant Week 2021 by showcasing the work of medical assistants to the public. A week-long event will come out as a huge recognition, a token of love, and a tribute to notable individuals for serving the community. List the achievements of individuals to appreciate them and tell them how hard they work. A little space on the wall might come as a life-changing experience in the lives of the MAs.
An appreciation should not only just for a phase instead fulfill a long-term goal. However, the very best way to appreciate the MAs on Medical Assistant Week is to push them to achieve their goals by contributing to their continued education. This doesn’t only mean providing them with the monetary benefits; rather, you can gift them different appliances or instruments or even books if they need them. Whatever the issues MAs face to continue their education put your little efforts to the fullest to help them and guide them in the best way possible.
10 Medical Assistant Week Gift Ideas:
Here are some amazing gift ideas that you can easily purchase or make to spread the spirit of a Happy Medical Assistant Week 2021. Your choice!
- Handmade Card: You can put your efforts into making a beautiful handmade card for your dearest medical assistant. Let them know their worth and how much the community loves them. You can praise them, write their positive points in it, or draw a sketch that showcases a high degree of realism.
- Treat Basket: This is the best gift idea to show some sweet love by gifting a treat basket full of candies and chocolates. You can choose multiple flavors depending on the age of your medical assistant for the best fusion of sweets to gift.
- Wall Art:A piece of wall art for the Medical Assistant Station will be much appreciated. Whenever MAs will look at that, it will remind them of you and your support.
- Heart Shape Cupcakes: Spend a little bit of time cooking to make the MAs feel special as they deserve the best. No office or any medical team is complete without them. They create better tomorrow for patients, so let’s start a special week for them by gifting them heart shape cupcakes made by love.
- Personalized Tote Bag: If you are looking for a gift idea that MAs can keep with them for along, gift them a personalized tote bag. Think about a motivational quote to be printed on it so that whenever the MAs will carry it, they will always feel motivated and appreciated.
- Water Bottles: Gifting a water bottle is always a perfect fit for office-goers. Instead of a normal one, you can go ahead with trekking, cycling, or hiking water bottles as they make an out-of-the-box gift to give.
- Phone Back Cover: The way MAs take initiatives to find the best solutions and increase the wellness of our community is no less than a superhero. You can gift awesome superhero mobile covers. This will remind them of how powerful they are both mentally and physically.
- Personalized Business Cards: Having a personalized business card is a dream of many as it leaves a memorable impression on the other person. However, to celebrate National Medical Assistant Recognition Week, gift them a personalized gift card with the best artwork on it.
- Gift Vouchers: If you are not sure about any materialistic gift, the best you can do to make MA feel special is to gift them a salon voucher they can use for self-care & pamper themselves. Of course, you can also give them a movie voucher or some tech gift card. That’s totally up to you.
- Gift a Plant: As MAs always put their patients first and care the most about their health, we should also think in the same direction at least for a week. So, let’s celebrate this Recognition Week by gifting a plant to express your emotion and showing the MAs how much we care about their health, as different plants have different health benefits.
Most Common Social Media Hashtags for Medical Assistant Week:
Written by : Casey Gardner
Casey Gardner is both a healthcare support professional and an accomplished content creator. She has been working as a certified health care professional with marketable skills as a physician assistant, and a qualified medical assistant for last two decades. She has dedicated her nursing career to produce over hundreds of content pieces since 2001, and her work has been published both online as well as offline.